INFORMATION CENTER FOR RHODESIAN RIDGEBACKS

Some of it is actually fun!!! Really now. Updated sites, links and informative blogs on Health and the state of our dogs. Some hidden music and labels to help you find things...:) Kim

Best in Field BIF at the RRCUS National Specialty 2009--KUSHINDA'S BEATRICE



DEGENERATIVE MYELOPATHY (DNA)

Get your Ridgeback Tested today. We can eliminate the crippling disease from the Breed by DNA testing and breeding only Ridegebacks that can not pass on the disease to their offspring. Get your dog tested. Order your test here from the OFA site;
https://secure.offa.org/dnatesting/index.html

I am a Kushinda Ridgeback and have tested N/N Parents ..

I am a Kushinda Ridgeback and have tested N/N Parents ..
Ah! It's just gonna be a great day..Xena x Kordell litter due June 6 2012.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bee Sting..no, that is not his name, that is what he got!


My big guy Cheetah got stung by a bee yesterday morning. That pretty left eye was swollen shut and greatly enlarged and it happened quick. He was laying directly in front of me, I was watching the View & I noticed him rubbing his eye with his paw, when I looked closer I could not believe how swollen his eye and jaw had become. (no pic, as I just wanted this allergic reaction to stop.) He weights around 95lbs. I gave him 3 Benedryl, followed by 3 more in 3 hrs. The swelling did start to subscide by evening and he is back to almost normal 30hrs later. I am still giving Benedryl, just not as much...Poor boy, he ran so well at practice Thur.
Bees, fleas, ticks, mosquitos, ah....Spring..
Check out Doggedogdom blog, Rose has a good post on fleas and tick protection. she covers the topic well.....

HOW TO TREAT A BEE STING...BENADRYL AND YOUR VET...
http://animals.howstuffworks.com/pets/how-to-give-first-aid-to-your-dog17.htm

No comments: